Today Women in Digital Switzerland is managed by 20 volunteers and is home to more than 4000 women and men throughout Switzerland who meet monthly in six cities across Switzerland.
The Women in Digital Switzerland (WDS) mission is to :
- Build a community of women working in digital across Switzerland
- Develop Competence Centers in Switzerland across a broad range of digital topics through decentralized networks
- Facilitate access to women working in digital to speaker opportunities and leadership position in companies
- Organise events that give members the opportunity to :
- Meet and network
- Share knowledge through discussions and presentations
- Inspire or be inspired
- Foster smarter diversity through an inclusive and balanced approach
To support our rapidly growing association of more than 4’000 members across multiple platforms, and to reach our goals of better serving our community with relevant and timely content, we are recruiting a new volunteer for the role of Content Marketer and Website Manager.
If you are someone interested in the areas of Content Marketing, Communication and Website Management, and have 5 hours a week to volunteer to an organization that is shaping the digital landscape for women working in technology and digital services, this position is for you!
This role is essential for our organisation and is not for the faint hearted. It will require a time commitment of approximately 5 – 8 hours a week depending on your experience (average of 5 hours/week). Your duties will include a mix of content creation and website management (updates, support) and project management.
This is a great position for experienced content and web managers as well as anyone who is in between jobs, or interested in transitioning to Content and Web Management and is looking to gain hands-on experience for your CV.
- Manage members list (Newsletter, Members, Payment)
- Content updates
- Publish job offers, partnerships
- Upload of media, images, event news
- Website testing
- Suggest improvements
- Support members on the use of the website (login, content creation)
- Support WDS volunteers on the use of the website
- Create new content to add on the website such as blog article, …
- Improve existing content
- Liaise with Retention and membership manager to collect content from the members, improve members profiles, …
- Liaise with Marketing & Communication Manager to create content synergies with newsletter and social media content.
- Coordinate with city leaders to collect content to publish on WDS website.
- Coordinate version two of the WDS website with the digital agency
- You are energetic, well organized, and hands-on
- Passionate about gender equality and making a positive impact in our society
- Have a very good English level
- At ease with the use of wordpress
- Willing to commit for a minimum of one year for this volunteer position, to allow for continuity and efficiency in the role
What’s in for you?
- Be a key agent of change for more gender equality in the tech sector in Switzerland
- A great networking platform and an opportunity to communicate directly with our members
- An opportunity to get hands-on in website content management, content creation and project management
- A new entry on your resume if you are looking to pivot or add new skills
- A chance to share knowledge and connect with some of the greatest women this planet has ever seen — our 4000+
- Free membership to WDS and access to all our events for free
Having said all of the above, our content production schedule to date is light. We are a volunteer organization and while we have plans to grow we understand the limitations of volunteer work.
Send your cv together with your deep motivation in joining our organization to firstname.lastname@example.org.