Sat., 21 September 2019 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Hotel Continental, Rio Function Room Place de la Gare 2, Lausanne
Tickets 350 CHF, Women in Digital benefit from 15% discount, subject to availability.
Organiser: Tony Johnston Media
Covering all of the essentials to help get you started and give you a solid foundation in smart phone video production.
Highly interactive, expert training led by Tony Johnston and mobile video master trainer, Caroline Scott from the UK.
Aim is to empower you with the essential skills required to produce your own effective and engaging smart phone video content, using:
- hands-on learning,
- demonstrations and practical exercises.
Here’s what will be covered:
- Essential Equipment – explain smart phone features and video set-up (iPhone and Android), recommend which microphones to use and the importance of professional sound, show you tripod ‘rig’ options and how to use a stabilising gimbal, portable lighting, lenses and various other accessories.
- Filmmaking 101 – framing composition, capturing b-roll overlay, plus editing essentials checklist. Making sure you have the shots, to construct the video story.
- Storytelling techniques to enhance mobile video content creation.
- Which Apps to use – the best Apps to film, edit, post-produce and publish smart phone video content. Plus, an introduction on how to use them.
- Social media technical requirements for smart phone video.
- Showtime! Practice filming and editing on your mobile phone.
- Plus, we welcome your input to match your specific needs and requirements.
Cast & Crew – Your Trainers
Caroline Scott – As a journalist and highly regarded smart phone video master trainer, Caroline has worked with the BBC, ITV, Thompson Reuters and Associated Press. She teaches news organisations and businesses how to harness the power of that TV studio in your pocket.
Tony Johnston – Journalist and Emmy-award winning video producer with 33 years of broadcast media and communications experience. Swiss-based, Tony creates video content for international companies. This course was developed in response to a rapidly growing need from client’s to learn how to make their own smart phone videos.
Corporate workshops and individual coaching available across Switzerland. Smart phone video production and editing also available. Don’t hesitate to get in-touch to discuss your needs.
Setting the Scene
The workshop is in English. No prior smart phone video experience required.
Bring your existing phone and complete the workshop first, before upgrading or purchasing any additional equipment. The great thing is that you can produce usable mobile video on the phone that you currently have. The key, is knowing how to use it.
Any Apps needing to be pre-loaded before the event will be notified. Please bring any selfie-sticks, tripods or other smart phone accessories you may have.
The workshop will be limited to 16 people. Future workshops are planned for Zurich.
Morning tea will be provided. Please bring lunch and any other refreshments you require. The venue is conveniently situated opposite the Lausanne train station, with a variety of cafes and restaurants close-by.
Register for the event: Elisabeth will give WDS members the discount code to register on Eventbrite . Please feel welcome to contact Tony Johnston Media with any further questions or specific requirements prior to the event;