Women in Digital Switzerland is looking for a Content Manager.
During the past year we have transformed the WDS website and the next stage is to prepare the storytelling and content ready for launch! We already have content which can be repurposed and combined with our new Vision and Strategy. Our goal is now to prepare the content and then keep it refreshed with new content with events and blog coverage.
If you are interested in the areas of Content Management and writing for the web and can dedicate some time each week to volunteer this position is for you! Join an organisation that is shaping the digital landscape for women working in technology and digital services and become part of our community.
This role will require a time commitment of approximately 4 - 5 hours a week depending on your experience. These duties can be shared between two Content Managers working together.
This is a great position for experienced content and web managers as well as anyone who is in between jobs, or interested in transitioning to Content and Web Management and is looking to gain hands-on experience for your CV.
● Update content and make adjustments via the WIX platform
● Publish job offers, partnerships and WDS events
● Proofreading of the content loaded on the website
● Writing and editing content for our new website, making sure that this is kept up to date post launch, liasing with our creative lead and web manager.
● Create the WDS web writing style guide to ensure consistent communication throughout
● Liaise with Marketing & Communication Manager to create content synergies with newsletter and social media content.
● Liaise with Community Manager to create exclusive content required for our membership platform
● Coordinate with chapter leaders to collect content required for chapter sections of the website
Project Management :
● Work with the web manager and creative lead to ensure clear deadlines are set and respected
Having said all of the above, our content production schedule to date is light. We are a volunteer organisation and while we have plans to grow, we understand the limitations of volunteer work.
● You are energetic, well organised, hands-on and have an eye for detail within writing
● Passionate about gender equality and making a positive impact in our society
● Excellent level of English (native speaker or native speaker fluency)
● You are knowledgeable in writing for the web and adhere to guidelines around inclusivity and accessibility
● You have direct experience using WIX and/or are comfortable using CMS (content management systems)
● Willing to commit for a minimum of one year for this volunteer position, to allow for continuity and efficiency in the role