Women in Digital Switzerland is looking for a Community Manager
To support our rapidly growing association of more than 6’000 members across multiple platforms, and to reach our goals of better serving our community with relevant and
timely content, we are recruiting a new volunteer for the role of Community Manager.
We are in the process of creating our new website and will need help in creating a strong community at launch and beyond, by providing compelling benefits for members, driving membership and ensuring that our forum and social media channels are buzzing with
If you are interested in the areas of helping WDS to build a strong community and can dedicate some time each week to volunteer this position is for you! Join an organisation that is shaping the digital landscape for women working in technology and digital services and become part of our community.
This role will require a time commitment of 4-5 hours/week. Your duties will include a mix of content creation and updates and project management.
This is a great position for experienced community managers as well as anyone who is in between jobs, or interested in transitioning to Community Management and is looking to gain
● Increase WDS community on all digital platforms including the Website, Social Media
and Membership forums
● Review and contribute to the development of membership benefits and initiatives
● Monitor and moderate the WDS forum and respond to member inquiries
● Foster engagement by suggesting topics of discussion and introducing group members
● Assist in matching and moderating for our mentorship programme
Having said all of the above, we are a volunteer organisation and while we have plans to
grow, we understand the limitations of volunteer work.
● You are energetic, well organised, and hands-on
● Passionate about gender equality and making a positive impact in our society
● You have great communication at customer service skills and are ease with the
management of online communities
● Willing to commit for a minimum of one year for this volunteer position, to allow for
continuity and efficiency in the role